JG WILD BIRD FEED PEANUT 1.8KG
- Peanuts are one of the most popular bird foods. They have a high calorie content, are high in protein and they have no shell that birds need to wrestle off. Perfect if you want to avoid spillage and waste too.
- Hang them in an appropriate mesh feeder and avoid using plastic netting bags.
- Take care to ensure no mouldy or shrivelled peanuts are in your feeders as these can produce aflatoxins which can kill birds. To avoid this, store them in a dry area and half-fill your peanut feeders at a time, allowing them to empty before refilling.
- Peanuts are popular with a large range of species, including all of the tits and finches, house sparrows, and more!
- Feed all year round, but especially during the winter months.
- Garden birds are at risk of predators and feeders should be placed within a metre or two of a tree or hedge.